Work Connect – supporting international student graduates to find work in New Zealand
Are you an international student about to graduate (level 7 or above)? Are you planning to stay and look for work in New Zealand on a post-study work visa?
Work Connect is a free 10-hour programme that can support you with personalised coaching and mentoring to help you find a job that suits your skills, experience and qualifications, and make a great impression on potential employers.
The programme includes group workshops and one-on-one coaching tailored to your individual schedule and employment needs.
You will learn:
- how the New Zealand job market works
- how to plan your New Zealand career
- where to look for work that matches your qualifications, including work not advertised in newspapers or online
- how to promote yourself to potential employers
- what employers look for in job candidates
- how to prepare your CV for the New Zealand job market
- how to prepare for and present yourself at a job interview
- what the culture of a typical New Zealand workplace is like.
The programme is run by expert careers consultants from the Tertiary Education Commission.
To find out more and Apply Now visit careers.govt.nz/workconnect or phone 0800 222 733 and ask about Work Connect.