Meet Vishaka Ivone – full CPA Australia Membership
Vishaka Ivone is an international student from Sri Lanka. She studied Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration at Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS) and graduated in 2017. During her study, Vishaka received both AIS Academic Excellence and Sustained Academic Excellence Awards and was an active Member of the AIS Student Council.
Photo: Vishaka Ivone with Deputy CEO Richard Smith – Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS)
On top of this, Vishaka has also gained full membership with CPA Australia.
WHAT IS CPA AUSTRALIA MEMBERSHIP?
CPA (Certified Practicing Accountants) Australia is one of the world’s largest recognised accounting bodies in Australia. Its programme is globally recognised and focuses on the recent issues and developments in the profession.
CPA Australia has two types of membership:
- Associate membership – This is the first step towards full membership. To become an associate, you need to complete an accounting related bachelor’s degree which includes all the academic requirements recognised by CPA Australia. These can be done through accredited institutions, like AIS.
- Full membership – After becoming an associate, you can enrol into the CPA program to complete the six education subjects and the experience requirement within six years. Refer to the link: https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa
- Based on your prior study and work experience, you may get the recognition for your experience requirement. Refer to the link: https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cpa-program/cpa-program-candidates/your-experience
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING CPA AUSTRALIA MEMBERSHIP?
Vishaka stated:“As a Finance and Accounting professional, I realised the importance of having a global-level, professional qualification for career progression anywhere in the world.”
“CPA Australia is not only for accounting professionals, but it gives an extensive knowledge of managing a company rather than specialisation in one area.”
Currently CPA Australia is the fifth largest accounting body globally by number of members.
Beena Lal – Business lecturer at Auckland Institute of Studies and a full CPA member also claimed:
During interviews one of the questions the employers usually ask is that whether you hold a membership of a professional body such as CPA Australia or CAANZ. It’s great to say yes, as there are a number of awesome benefits of being one. Some of them are:
- Build a great and global recognised career based on professional accounting skills
- Gives the tools (robust analytical and problem- solving capabilities) to add value as a business professional
- Well respected and trusted strategic business advisors and decision makers (Gain respect and satisfaction by assisting clients in planning and meeting their financial goals)
- Appreciate the job security and stability of being a CPA
- Being a CPA empowers you as an accountant.
HOW DOES CPA MEMBERSHIP HELP IN AN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE PROFESSION?
The postgraduate qualification gained at a Category 1 Institute in New Zealand together with full CPA Australia membership made Vishaka a very competitive candidate in the job market in New Zealand and laid a solid background for a future career in Accounting and Finance.
AIS qualification and CPA are globally recognised. As a result, I gained employment quickly after my studies.
Currently Vishaka is working at a company in the Civil Construction Industry in Auckland as Finance Administrator.
I love my job. The level 8 qualification gained at AIS and my CPA status helped me a lot for work placement in New Zealand.
WANT TO BECOME A CPA AUSTRALIA MEMBER?
The Bachelor of Business (Accounting) programme at AIS is accredited by both Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and CPA Australia.
This means that with careful selection of your electives you can satisfy the the academic requirements for admission to CAANZ and CPA Australia membership, putting yourself on the front foot for a career in Accounting.
If you’re interested in becoming a chartered accountant and CPA member, CLICK HERE